- Ph.D. (Management Science) University of South Carolina
- M.S. (Statistics) University of South Carolina
- B. Eng (Electrical Engineering) University of Mumbai, India
- Healthcare Operations
- Sustainability Issues in Supply Chains
- Service Operations
Dr. Wani’s research interests include healthcare operations, supply chain management, and sustainability. Specifically, she is interested in studying hospital and policy-level factors that enable efficiency and effectiveness in healthcare. She is also interested in examining factors that impact global supply chains, outsourcing, and companies' sustainability actions. Her work primarily utilizes large datasets derived from primary and secondary sources. Her research has been published in premier journals such as the Journal of Operations Management (JOM), Production and Operations Management (POMS), and Decision Sciences Journal (DSJ). She was the winner of the prestigious Elwood Buffa Dissertation Award, a finalist for the Jack Meredith Best Paper Award at the JOM division at the Academy of Management (AOM), and a finalist for the Chan Hahn Best Paper Award at the OSCM division of AOM.
She has taught courses in Data Analytics at the graduate level and Business Statistics, Operations Management, Supply Chain Analytics, and Supply Chain Management at the undergraduate level. She has also led sessions at the Executive MBA level on Managing Healthcare Operations.
Dr. Wani is an Associate Editor at JOM and on the Editorial Board at DSJ. She also serves as a reviewer at other premier journals such as POMS and the Journal of Management Information Systems, and the Annual AOM conference.
Before returning to academia, she worked in strategic sourcing and business planning at one of India’s top business houses.
- Wani, D., Malhotra, M. and Venkataraman, S. 2018. Impact of Competition on Process of Care and Resource Investments. Journal of Operations Management, 57(1) 23-35
- Wani, D., Malhotra, M. 2018. Does the Meaningful use of Electronic Health Records Improve Patient Outcomes? Journal of Operations Management, 60(3) 1- 18.
- Wani, D., Malhotra, M. and Clark, J. (2020) Strategic Design Choices, Customer Experience and Demand for Services: Evidence from Hospitals. Forthcoming at Production and Operations Management Journal
- Wani, D., Dong, Y., Malhotra, M. and Xu, K. (2020) Emerging Market Penetration and Emissions Performance of Global Firms. Forthcoming at Decision Sciences Journal