- Ph.D., University of Alabama
- MBA, University of Chicago
- B.A., University of Alabama
- quantitative research methodology
- structural equation modeling
Dr. Rigdon’s research on interactive marketing and on research methodology has been published in leading business journals including Journal of Marketing Research, Journal of Consumer Research, MIS Quarterly, and Information Systems Research, as well as in leading methodology journals including Multivariate Behavioral Research and Psychometrika. His course on multiple indicator methods has drawn doctoral students and faculty auditors from leading Atlanta-area universities, and beyond. Dr. Rigdon has been a keynote speaker at conferences from Spain to Macao.
Dr. Rigdon was co-founder and long-time list owner of SEMNET, an email discussion list devoted to SEM, which has more than 3,500 subscribers located in more than 50 countries. Drawing upon this experience and his work as the Department of Marketing’s first webmaster, Dr. Rigdon is also a former head of the Department of Marketing. Dr. Rigdon received GSU’s Exceptional Service Award in 1999, recognizing his many contributions.
- Rigdon, E. E., Becker, J.-M., Sarstedt, M. (2019), "Parceling Cannot Reduce Factor Indeterminacy in Factor Analysis: A Research Note," Psychometrika, 83, 772-780.
- Rigdon, E. E., Becker, J.-M., Sarstedt, M. (2019), “Factor Indeterminacy as Metrological Uncertainty: Implications for Advancing Psychological Measurement,” Multivariate Behavioral Research, 54, 429-443
- Rigdon, E. E., Becker, J.-M., Rai, A., Ringle, C. M., Diamantopoulos, A. Karahanna, E., Straub, D., Dijkstra, T. K. (2015), “Conflating Antecedents and Formative Indicators: A Comment on Aguirre-Urreta and Marakas,” Information Systems Research, 25, 780-784.
- Rigdon, E. E. (2012), “Rethinking Partial Least Squares Path Modeling: in Praise of Simple Methods,” Long Range Planning, 45, 341-358.
- Gefen, D., Straub, D., Rigdon, E. (2011), “An Update and Extension to SEM Guidelines for Administrative and Social Science Research,” MIS Quarterly, 35, iii-xiv.
- Mathwick, C., Rigdon, E. E. (2004), “Play, Flow, and the Online Search Experience,” Journal of Consumer Research, 31, 324-32.
- Rigdon, E. E., Ferguson, C. E., Jr. (1991), “The Performance of the Polychoric Correlation Coefficient and Selected Fitting Functions in Confirmatory Factor Analysis with Ordinal Data,” Journal of Marketing Research, 28, 491-7.