- Ph.D., Mississippi State University
- MS/CIS, Georgia State University
- MBA, Morehead State University
- Business Analytics
- Data Mining
- IS Strategy
Dr. Lee’s research interests include Business Analytics, Data Mining, and Information Systems Strategy. He has authored numerous articles, books, and chapters including European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS), International Journal of Information Management (IJIM), Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS), Information Technology and People (IT & People), Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA), and Journal of Global Information Technology Management. He has also regularly presented at conferences such as the Americas Conference on Information Systems (AMCIS), Decision Sciences Institute (DSI) Conference, and International Association for Computer Information Systems (IACIS).
Dr. Lee has received numerous professional grants and awards including the UMHB Excellence in Scholarship Award (2018), ACBSP Teaching Excellence Award (2014), Fairmont State University School of Business Faculty of the Year Award (2013), two National Science Foundation Gants (2009 and 2010), Carson-Newman University Outstanding Faculty Research Award (2008), and CN School of Business Outstanding Faculty Research Award (2007).
He is a frequent guest lecturer and speaker at national and international academic forums at various universities including United International College (2019), Soochow University (2018), Chengdu University of Technology (2018), Namseoul University (2014), Woosong University (2012), Ansan University (2011), and University of New Mexico (2010).
- Wang, Lu, Xin Luo, Frank Lee, and Jose Benitezd, “Value Creation in Blockchain-driven Supply Chain Finance,” Information and Management, Volume 59, Issue 7, 2022.
- Sunyoung Cho, ChongWoo Park and Frank Lee, "Homophily and peer-consumer behaviour in a peer-to-peer accommodation sharing economy platform," Behaviour & Information Technology, 2020. DOI: 10.1080/0144929X.2020.1803403
- Wang, Lu, Xin Luo, and Frank Lee, “Unveiling the Interplay between Blockchain and Loyalty Program Participation: A Qualitative Approach,” International Journal of Information Management, 49, pp. 397-140. 2019.
- Willet, Susan and Frank Lee, “Patient Satisfaction and Leadership Challenge in the Healthcare Industry,” Journal of the International Academy for Case Studies, Volume 24, Issue 3, 2018.
- Lee, Frank and Rebecca Giorcelli, “An Exploratory Study on the Relationship between Digital Games and Transfer of Learning,” Issues in Information Systems, Volume 16, Issue III, pp. 183-190, 2015.
- Luo, Xin, Frank Lee, and Minna Mattila, “An Exploratory Study of Mobile Banking Services Resistance,” International Journal of Mobile Communications, Vol. 10, No. 4, 2012.
- Lee, Frank and HK Eun, “Finding the Rolf of Time Lags in Radio Frequency Identification Investment,” International Journal of Strategic Information Technology and Applications (IJSITA), Vol. 2, No. 3, pp. 27-35, 2011.
- Lee, Frank, “The Impact of Technology Anxiety on the Use of Mobile Financial Applications,” International Journal of Technology Diffusion (IJTD), Vol. 1, No. 4, pp. 1-12, 2010.
- Lee, Frank and J. P. Shim, "An Exploratory Study of Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) Adoption in the Healthcare Industry," European Journal of Information Systems (EJIS). Vol. 16, pp. 712-724, 2007.
- Lee, Frank and J. P. Shim, "An Empirical Study on User Satisfaction with Mobile Business Applications Use and Hedonism," Journal of Information Technology Theory and Application (JITTA).Vol. 8, No. 3, pp. 57-74, 2006.
- Templeton, G.F. and Frank Lee, "Tutorial of an Ontological Support System," Communications of the Association for Information Systems (CAIS). Vol. 17, No. 25, pp. 562-568, 2006.