- Ph.D. (applied mathematics), École Normale Supérieure - INRIA Paris
- M.S. (probability and finance), Paris VI University
- B.S. (applied mathematics), École Polytechnique
- systemic risk and financial stability
- random structures and complex networks
- economics of networks and game theory
- statistics and machine learning
Hamed Amini is an associate professor of of Risk Management and Insurance in the Robinson College of Business at Georgia State University. He holds a Ph.D. in Applied Mathematics from École Normale Supérieure in Paris. Previously, he was an assistant professor of Mathematical Finance at the University of Miami and a post-doctoral researcher at the Swiss Finance Institute @ EPFL. Prior to his Ph.D., he earned a master in Probability and Finance at the University Paris 6 Pierre et Marie Curie University and the “Diplôme d’Ingénieur” degree at École Polytechnique.
His current research interests are the mathematical risk management, systemic risk, financial networks, random structures, economics of networks, statistics and machine learning.