- Ph.D. – University of Arizona
- M.Sc. – University of Memphis
- B.S. – Christian Brothers University
- information systems security
- information privacy
- health information technology
Dr. Buckman is an Assistant Professor of Information Systems for the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. He has published at prestigious academic journals and conferences such as Information Systems Research, INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology, Workshop on Information Security and Privacy, and International Conference on Information Systems. He is also a member of the program committee for INFORMS Conference on Information Systems and Technology.
Joseph holds a doctoral degree from the University of Arizona and a M.S. from the University of Memphis. Honors include the Student’s Choice Award for Outstanding Faculty at University of Arizona as well as research grants for his work on information security and health information technology.
- Buckman, J. R., Bockstedt, J. C., Hashim, M. J. 2019. Relative Privacy Valuations under Varying Disclosure Characteristic. Information Systems Research (30:2).