Omesh KiniBank of America Distinguished Chair in Finance and Risk Management Department of Finance
- Ph.D., Purdue University
- MBA, University of Rochester
- B.S., Birla Institute of Technology
- corporate governance and executive compensation
- corporate restructuring activities
- equity issuances
- dividend policy
- sell-side analyst research
- product and labor markets
Omesh Kini is a Distinguished University Professor at Georgia State University and Bank of America Distinguished Chair in Finance and Risk Management in the Robinson College of Business. He previously held full-time academic positions at the Pennsylvania State University and Emory University. He has also served as a visiting professor at Purdue University and the Indian School of Business. Professor Kini has been recognized for outstanding teaching at all these universities. He was listed as one of the outstanding faculty at the Goizueta Business School (Emory University) in the Business Week Guide to the Best Business Schools (Fifth Edition). He was also listed as the most popular professor in that school in the Business Week Guide to the Best Business Schools (Sixth Edition). In the same edition, a course that he developed and taught on “Corporate Control” was cited as one of the most popular electives. Professor Kini’s current research interests lie in the areas of corporate takeovers, corporate governance and executive compensation, product and labor markets, and sell-side analyst research. He has published extensively in top-tier journals like the Journal of Finance, Journal of Financial Economics, Review of Financial Studies, Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Journal of Accounting Research, Management Science, Review of Finance, and Journal of Law and Economics. He received a Faculty Excellence in Research Award at the Robinson College of Business in 2004 and 2012. His research has been highly cited in top academic journals. He is actively engaged with the Ph.D. program at Georgia State University. Upon graduation, his Ph.D. students have placed at universities such as Aalto University, Auburn University, University of Arizona, Clemson University, Cleveland State University, and Tulane University.
- “Labor Unions and Product Quality Failures,” (with J. Shenoy, J., M. Shen, and V. Subramaniam), 2021. (Management Science, Forthcoming).
- “CEO Non-Compete Agreements, Job Risk, and Compensation,” (with Ryan Williams and David Yin), Review of Financial Studies, 2021, Volume 34, 4701-4744.
- Profiled on the Columbia Law School’s Blue Sky Blog on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation and Forbes - India.
- Semi-finalist for the Best Paper Award at the 2018 Financial Management Association Meetings in San Diego
Paper presented at the Federal Trade Commission Workshop Regarding Non-Compete Agreements in the Workplace (January 9, 2020)
- “Industry Tournament Incentives and the Product Market Benefits of Corporate Liquidity,” (with J. Huang and B. Jain), Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, 2019, Volume 54, 829-876.
- Profiled on the Harvard Law School Forum on Corporate Governance and Financial Regulation.
- “An Investigation of Pooled Purchasing as a Source of Value Creation in Diversifying Acquisitions,” (with D. Greene and J. Shenoy), Journal of Law and Economics, 2017, Volume 60, 597-636.
- “Impact of Financial Leverage on the Incidence and Severity of Product Failures: Evidence from Product Recalls,” (with J. Shenoy and V. Subramaniam), Review of Financial Studies, 2017, Volume 30, 1790-1829.