- J.D., SUNY Buffalo Law School
- B.A., Binghamton University
- social media law in the workplace
- building effective domain name portfolios
- commercial litigation
Professor Perry Binder, J.D. is a legal studies professor in Georgia State University’s Robinson College of Business, and the co-founder/organizer of GSU’s Corporate Intellectual Property Institute, a premier two-day annual conference for IP practitioners. In 2005 and 2013, Professor Binder received the business school’s Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching Excellence and in 2011 he received the Faculty Recognition Award for Service.
Professor Binder is the author of numerous articles focusing on social media law, workplace risk, domain name disputes and litigation prevention, for select publications, including the Journal of Legal Studies Education, American Jurisprudence, Professional Speaker, HR Executive, and Competitive Edge magazine. Prior to his teaching career, he litigated complex business cases in Miami, FL, with stakes in excess of $10 million. While in private practice, Professor Binder negotiated contract settlements and consulted to a professional sports franchise. From 1992-1995, he was a part-time radio talk show host, with several shows dealing with law, business, and sports.
Professor Binder is an enthusiastic and energetic speaker who enjoys interacting with diverse audiences on cutting-edge legal and business topics. Professor Binder has appeared nationwide on radio and television, and is frequently quoted in the media, including The New York Times, Associated Press, USA Today, The Financial Times, Investor’s Business Daily, Fox News, MSNBC News, ESPN Classic, AP Radio, CBS Radio, Congressional Quarterly Homeland Security, Philadelphia Inquirer, Rocky Mountain News, San Jose Mercury News, and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Professor Binder is an active member of The Florida Bar and the Academy of Legal Studies in Business. He is a graduate of SUNY Buffalo Law School, where he served as an articles editor of The Buffalo Law Review, and Binghamton University (B.A., Political Science, with honors).
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2014 (Alpharetta cohort)
- Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching, 2013
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2013 (Buckhead cohort)
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2012 (Buckhead M/W cohort)
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2012 (Buckhead T/Th cohort)
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2012 (Alpharetta cohort)
- Faculty Recognition Award for Service, 2011
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2009 (Henry County cohort)
- MBA Crystal Apple Teaching Award, 2008
- Instructional Innovation Grant recipient, 2008
- Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching, 2005
- Instructional Innovation Grant recipient, 2005
- Perry Binder, “Creating Social Media Law Projects to Sensitize Business Students to Appropriate Digital Conduct,” 27 SOUTHERN L.J. 327-366 (Fall 2017)
- Perry Binder, “Flipping a Law Class Session: Creating Effective Online Content and Real World In-Class Team Modules,” 17 ATLANTIC L.J. 34-69 (2015).
- Perry Binder and Nancy R. Mansfield, “Social Networks and Workplace Risk: Classroom Scenarios from a U.S. and EU Perspective,” 30 J. LEGAL STUD. EDUC. 1-44 (2013) (Ralph C. Hoeber Outstanding Article Award, Academy of Legal Studies in Business).
- Perry Binder, “New Top-Level Domain Names Add .Xxxtra Company Burden – Group Scenarios to Create Effective Domain Registration Portfolios,” 14 ATLANTIC L.J. 114-145 (2012)
- “Handling Employee Blogs: HR’s Seat at the Table?” HR Executive Magazine (May 16-30, 2006).
- “Domain Names & Your Company’s Giant Sucking Sound — Handling Corporate Grievance Web Sites,” Competitive Edge Magazine, 28-30 (September/October 2002).