- J.D., SUNY Buffalo Law School
- B.A., Binghamton University
- social media law in the workplace
- building effective domain name portfolios
- commercial litigation
Professor Perry Binder is an award-winning legal studies professor, and the co-founder/organizer of the Corporate Intellectual Property Institute, a premier two-day annual conference for IP practitioners. Professor Binder is a founding Board Member of the Georgia Intellectual Property Alliance. In 2018, he secured a Governor Proclamation for IP Month in Georgia - the only state in the nation to have a dedicated IP Month.
Professor Binder is the author of numerous articles focusing on social media law, workplace risk, domain name disputes and litigation prevention, for select publications, including the Journal of Legal Studies Education, American Jurisprudence, Professional Speaker, HR Executive, and Competitive Edge magazine. Prior to his teaching career, he litigated complex business cases in Miami, FL, with stakes in excess of $10 million. While in private practice, Professor Binder negotiated contract settlements and consulted to a professional sports franchise. From 1992-1995, he was a part-time radio talk show host, with several shows dealing with law, business, and sports. He received a Pro Bono Award from the bar association for his volunteer legal work. Presently, Professor Binder volunteers his time speaking with middle school, high school, and college students on how to succeed in college and life, based on the lessons from his book, 99 Motivators for College Success.
Professor Binder is an enthusiastic and energetic speaker who enjoys interacting with diverse audiences on cutting-edge legal and business topics. Professor Binder has appeared nationwide on radio and television, and is frequently quoted in the media, including The New York Times, Associated Press, USA Today, The Financial Times, Investor’s Business Daily, Fox News, MSNBC News, ESPN Classic, AP Radio, CBS Radio, Congressional Quarterly Homeland Security, Philadelphia Inquirer, Rocky Mountain News, San Jose Mercury News, and The Atlanta Journal-Constitution.
Professor Binder is an active member of The Florida Bar and the Academy of Legal Studies in Business. He is a graduate of SUNY Buffalo Law School, where he served as an articles editor of The Buffalo Law Review, and Binghamton University.
- GSU George M. Sparks Service Award, 2021
- Best Presentation Award, Western Academy of Legal Studies in Business, 2021
- Ralph C. Hoeber Outstanding Article Award, ALSB Journal of Legal Studies Educ., 2020
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2014 (Alpharetta cohort)
- Ralph C. Hoeber Outstanding Article Award, ALSB Journal of Legal Studies Educ., 2013
- Robinson Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching, 2013
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2013 (Buckhead cohort)
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2012 (Buckhead M/W cohort)
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2012 (Buckhead T/Th cohort)
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2012 (Alpharetta cohort)
- Robinson Faculty Recognition Award for Service, 2011
- PMBA Teaching Award, 2009 (Henry County cohort)
- MBA Crystal Apple Teaching Award, 2008
- Robinson Instructional Innovation Grant recipient, 2008
- Robinson Faculty Recognition Award for Teaching, 2005
- Robinson Instructional Innovation Grant recipient, 2005
- Perry Binder, Teaching Consumer Law & Advocacy Skills with a Judge Judy Team Project, 31 MIDWEST LAW JOURNAL - (Fall 2021)
- Perry Binder, Susan L. Willey & Harold Weston, Teaching Workplace Privacy Issues with a Big Data Group Project, 37(2) J. LEGAL STUD. EDUC. 185-244 (Summer 2020)(Ralph C. Hoeber Outstanding Article Award, Academy of Legal Studies in Business)
- Perry Binder, The Entrepreneurs with No Garage Project: Protecting Ownership Interests and Intellectual Property on a Shoestring Budget, 2(2) J. BUS. LAW & ETHICS PEDAGOGY 6-28 (Winter 2019)
- Perry Binder, "Firing Employees for Their Social Media Posts: Ethical and Legal Issues", SAGE Business Cases (2019)
- Perry Binder, "Creating Social Media Law Projects to Sensitize Business Students to Appropriate Digital Conduct," 27 SOUTHERN L.J. 327-366 (Fall 2017)
- Perry Binder, "Flipping a Law Class Session: Creating Effective Online Content and Real World In-Class Team Modules," 17 ATLANTIC L.J. 34-69 (2015).
- Perry Binder and Nancy R. Mansfield, "Social Networks and Workplace Risk: Classroom Scenarios from a U.S. and EU Perspective," 30 J. LEGAL STUD. EDUC. 1-44 (2013) (Ralph C. Hoeber Outstanding Article Award, Academy of Legal Studies in Business).
- Perry Binder, "New Top-Level Domain Names Add .Xxxtra Company Burden – Group Scenarios to Create Effective Domain Registration Portfolios," 14 ATLANTIC L.J. 114-145 (2012)
- "Handling Employee Blogs: HR's Seat at the Table?" HR Executive Magazine (May 16-30, 2006).
- "Domain Names & Your Company's Giant Sucking Sound -- Handling Corporate Grievance Web Sites," Competitive Edge Magazine, 28-30 (September/October 2002).