- Ph.D., University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- M.A., Yonsei University
- M.E., Beijing Normal University
- capital market research
- disclosure and textual analysis
- compensation contracting
Dr. Cao’s research interests are capital market research, disclosure (textual) and compensation contracting. A unifying theme in these research areas is to protect investors’ wealth and to increase firms’ value by providing large-data evidence for managers’ corporate decision-making, investors’ investment choice and compensation contracting. Dr. Cao joined Robinson School of Business at Georgia State University in 2013. His research has been published in leading journals such as the Accounting Review, Journal of Accounting Research and Contemporary Accounting Research.
Dr. Cao commits to developing the research community at Georgia State University. Dr. Cao continues to host visiting scholars from different countries and helps to develop research projects. He teaches Ph.D. seminars in financial accounting and undergraduate courses in both financial accounting and taxation.
- Cao, S., Ma, G., Tucker J., & Wan, C. Forthcoming in 2018 Technological Peer Pressure and Product Disclosure, The Accounting Review (SOA Premier)
- Cao, S. S. (2016) Reexamining Growth Effects: Are All Types of Asset Growth the Same? Contemporary Accounting Research (SOA Premier)
- Cao, S. S., & Narayanamoorthy, G. S. (2012). Earnings volatility, post–earnings announcement drift, and trading frictions. Journal of Accounting Research (SOA Premier)