- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil
- MsC, Marketing, Federal University of Paraiba, Brazil
- B.B.A., Ceara State University, Brazil
- international marketing
- international business
- consumer behavior
Dr. De Farias is a professor of Marketing and International Business and holds a Doctor degree from the School of Economics and Business, University of Sao Paulo, Brazil. Prior to joining GSU, he served as a tenured faculty member at the School of Business, Federal University of Pernambuco and taught at other places as visiting faculty, including Breda University (Netherlands), and Central Piedmont Community College as a Scholar-in-Residence with a Fulbright grant.
His academic activities include coordinating the business graduate program at the university of Pernambuco (Ph.D. and MBA programs), member on the Marketing scientific committee for the Brazilian Academy of Management Meeting (ENANPAD), Area Committee member at CNPq federal Brazilian agency, Editor of BAR – Brazilian Administration Review, among others. Dr. De Farias was an exchange student at Vanderbilt University’s School of Management, Visiting Researcher at Auburn University’s College of Business and Georgia State University – Institute of International Business.
His prior work experience includes retail, developing executive training programs, designing research projects, study abroad programs, grant proposals, and coordinating a research center at UFPE university, Brazil.
- Melo, F. V. S.; DE Farias, S.A. ; Barbosa, Ohana T. Dressing in White, a true Brazilian tradition: social influence, values and symbolic consumption. Revista de Administração da UFSM, v. 12, p. 215-232, 2019
- Melo, F. V. S.; Farias, S.A. DE . Sustainability Communication and its Effect in Consumer Intention to Visit a Tourist Destination. Tourism & Management Studies, v. 14, p. 36-44, 2018.
- Farias, Salomao, A. DE. Internacionalizacao dos Periodicos Brasileiros. Rae-Revista de Administracao de Empresas, v. 57, p. 401-404, 2017
- Brei, Vinicius Andrade ; Farias, Salomao A. De ; Matos, Celso Augusto de ; Mazzon, Jose Afonso. Um Guia de Avaliação de Artigos Científicos em Marketing. RAE-Revista de Administração de Empresas, v. 57, p. 391-400, 2017.
- Farias, Salomao A. DE; AGUIAR, Edvan Cruz ; Melo, Francisco Vicente Sales, Store Atmospherics and Experiential Marketing: A Conceptual Framework and Research Propositions for An Extraordinary Customer Experience. International Business Research, v. 7, p. 87-99, 2014.
- Kovacs, M. H. ; DE Farias, S. A. ; Souza, A. G. ; Moura, Francisco Tigre . Relations between consumer effort, risk reduction strategies, and satisfaction with the e-commerce buying process: A conceptual mode. International Journal of Management, v. 28, p. 316-329, 2011.
- Farias, S. A. DE. Internal Marketing (IM): a literature review and research propositions for service excellence. BBR. Brazilian Business Review (English Edition. Online), v. 7, p. 99-115, 2010.
- Farias, S. A. DE; Nataraajan, Rajan; Kovacs, E. P. Global business partnering among family-owned enterprises. Journal of Business Research, v. 62, p. 667-672, 2009.