- Ph.D., University of Connecticut
- M.S., University of Connecticut
- B.S., Chongqing University, China
- object-oriented analysis and design
- data modeling and management
- enterprise information system architecture
- information technology management
Professor Hong’s research is focused on object-oriented system analysis and design methodologies, enterprise information system architecture, and information technology management. He has taught courses in database management systems, object-oriented programming, system analysis and design, computer networking, management information systems, business statistics, and operations management.
His industry experience is mainly in computer software development and information systems management. He held various management positions including chief architect, director of application development, executive director and chief information officer in several multinational corporations. He was also involved in several entrepreneurial ventures including a co-founder of a successful software technology company.
- Hong, Shuguang and Bush, Ashley, 1998. "Empowering Content Providers: An Approach for Developing Large Web Sites." In Proceedings of the Fourth Americas Conference on Information Systems, Baltimore, MD, August 14-16, 997-999.
- Hong, Shuguang, and Bush, Ashley, 1998. "Using Databases to Maintain and Manage Large Web Sites." In The Proceedings of Southern Conference of Association for Information Systems, Atlanta, GA, April 1998, 33-35.
- Brinkkemper, S., S. Hong, and F. Harmsen, "Enabling Situational Information Systems development with Object-Oriented Method Fragments", Ingénierie des Systémes d'Information, special issue on Process Modelling, Eds. C. Rolland and G. Grosz. , 1996: 799-811.
- Hong, Shuguang; Duhl, Joshua; Craig, Harris. "DBDesigner: A Tool for Object-Oriented Database Applications." Journal of Database Administration (now called Journal of Database Management.) Vol. 3, Summer Issue (1992): 3-11.
- Hong, S., & Maryanski, F.: "Representation of Object-Oriented Data Models," Information Sciences: an International Journal, 52 (December), 1990, 247-284.