- Ph.D. University of Georgia
- Enterprise systems
- SAP S/4 HANA
- Digital transformation
Simha R. Magal, Ph.D. is Clinical Professor and MSIS Program Director in the CIS department, Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University. He received his doctorate from the University of Georgia. His primary interests are related to enterprise systems and digital transformation. Dr. Magal has taught graduate and undergraduate courses in business processes and enterprise systems using SAP for nearly two decades, and has coauthored four best-selling books: Essentials of Business Processes and Information Systems (Wiley, 2009), Integrated Business Processes with ERP (Wiley 2012), Business Process Integration with SAP ERP (Epistemy Press 2013), and Business Process Configuration with SAP ERP (Epistemy Press, 2017).
Dr. Magal has been recognized for his SAP expertise and contributions numerous times. He received two prestigious awards from the SAP University Alliances academic community: the Majdi Najm Outstanding Service Award (2012) and the Visionary Member Award (2013). He was selected by the SAP professional community to be an SAP Mentor (2012), and SAP Developer Hero (2016), a rare honor for an academic.
- Magal, S. R., Boykin, R., Prabhakar, B, and Goodrich, M., “Business Process Configuration with SAP ERP,” Epistemy Press, Dallas, 2017.
- Magal, S. R. and Word, J., “ERP System – The Key Enterprise Application.” In Chalana, V., “Application Data Management – Empower Business Teams to Get Data Right,” Insider Books, Dedham, MA, 2017.
- Magal, S. R. and Word, J., “Business Process Integration with SAP ERP,” Epistemy Press, Dallas, 2013. This book has been translated into Arabic and Spanish.
- Snead Jr., K., Magal, S. R., Christensen, L., and Ndede-Amadi, A. A., “Attribution Theory: A Theoretical Framework for Understanding Information System Success,” Journal of Systemic Practice and Action Research, July 2014.