- Ph.D., Kent State University
- MBA, Clarion University of Pennsylvania
- B.E., Regional Engineering College, Durgapur, India
- business analytics and operations management
- organizational knowledge management
- information technology and decision strategy
Subhashish (Sub) Samaddar, Ph.D., CAP, is a professor of Managerial Sciences at the J. Mack Robinson College of Business. Dr. Samaddar’s research and teaching interests are in the broad area of business analytics and operations management. A winner of multiple research awards at both the national and regional levels, Dr. Samaddar has published in all premier journals in his field including in Management Science, Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, the Journal of Operations Management, European Journal of Operations Research, and Decision Sciences among others. His research specializes in analytics, optimization, knowledge management, information technology and decision strategy.
Dr. Samaddar currently teaches business analytics for specialized graduate and undergraduate programs and research methods for the college’s Ph.D. program. Earlier he served as the director of the Ph.D. program in Decision Sciences. Collectively, Dr. Samaddar’s research, teaching, and consulting work focuses on multidisciplinary approaches for enhancing organizational effectiveness and management of complex supply systems.
A longtime member of INFORMS and the Decision Sciences Institute, Dr. Samaddar holds an honorary CAP (Certified Analytics Professional) by INFORMS. In addition, he recently helped INFORMS create the certification exam, currently chairs the INFORMS guide committee for the CAP professional certification, and is a member of INFORMS CAP Questions Review and Exam Committee as well as the INFORMS CAP Exam Question Writing Committee.
- Nargundkar, S., Samaddar, S. and Mukhopadhyay, S. (2014) “A Guided Problem-Based Learning (PBL) Approach: Impact on Critical Thinking,” Decision Sciences Journal of Innovative Education, 2014, Vol. 12, No. 2, pp 91-108.
- Eger, R., & Samaddar, S. (2010) “Outsourcing Decision Making in Public Organizations: Proposed Methodology and Initial Analytic Results from a Department of Transportation, Transportation Research Record,” Journal of the Transportation Research Board, 2010 (2199), 37-47.
- Gibbons, D. E., & Samaddar, S. (2009) “Designing Referral Network Structures and Decision Rules to Streamline Provision of Urgent Health and Human Services,” Decision Sciences Journal, Vol. 40, No. 2, pp 351-371.
- Samaddar, S., & Whalen, T. H. (2008) “Improving Performance in Cyclic Production Systems by Using Forced Variable Idle Setup Time,” Manufacturing and Service Operations Management, Vol. 2, pp 173-180.
- Mukhopadhyay, S., Samaddar, S., and Colville, G., “Improving Revenue Management Decision Making for Airlines by Evaluating Analyst-Adjusted Passenger Demand Forecasts” (2007), Decision Sciences Journal, Vol. 38, No. 2, pp 309-327.
- Samaddar, S. and Hill, C.A., “Controlling adverse effect on work in process inventory while reducing machine setup time” (2007), European Journal of Operational Research, Vol. 180, No. 1, pp. 249-261.
- Samaddar, S. and Kadiyala, S., “Information systems outsourcing: Replicating an existing framework in a different cultural context” (2006), Journal of Operations Management, Vol. 24, No. 6, pp. 910-931.