- Executive Doctorate in Business, Robinson College of Business, Georgia State University
- MBA, Bauer College of Business, University of Houston
- B.B.A., Bauer College of Business, University of Houston
- customer relationship management
- brand management
- demand creation and capture
- digital marketing
- marketing research
- product development and commercialization
- marketing analytics
- marketing strategy
- marketing management
Accomplished global Chief Marketing and Communications Officer recognized for building and transforming businesses and delivering exceptional financial results, in both mature and growth markets. Advanced through the marketing, communications, and strategy functions both domestically and internationally having led marketing transformation and entrepreneurial business building at IBM, HCL Technologies and Stratasys, while concurrently publishing several research papers in scholarly journals.
Research interests are centered on both scholarly rigor and practitioner relevance in areas of customer relationship management, decision modeling, customer lifetime value, and digital marketing ecosystem dynamics and effectiveness.
- Bohling, Timothy, V. Kumar, and Riddhi Shah (2013), “Predicting Purchase Timing, Product Choice, and Purchase Amount for a Firm’s Adoption of a Radically Innovative Information Technology: An Analysis of Cloud Computing Services,” Service Science, Vol. 5, 102-123.
- Kumar, V., Rajkumar Venkatesan, Timothy R. Bohling and Dennise Beckmann (2008), “The Power of CLV: Managing Customer Lifetime Value at IBM,” Marketing Science, Vol. 27 (4), pp.585-599.
- Venkatesan, Rajkumar, V. Kumar and Timothy R. Bohling (2007), “Optimal Customer Relationship Management Using Bayesian Decision Theory: An Application for Customer Selection,” Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. 44 (4), pp. 579-594.
- Bohling, Timothy, Douglas Bowman, Steve LaValle, Vikas Mittal, Das Narayandas, Girish Ramani and Rajan Varadarajan (2006), “CRM Implementation: Effectiveness Issues and Insights,” Journal of Service Research, Vol. 9 (2) pp. 184-194.
- Venkatesan, Rajkumar, V. Kumar and Timothy R. Bohling (2005), “A Comparison of Metrics for Selecting Profitable Customers,” MSI Working Paper Series, Report # 03-112.
Kumar, V., Girish Ramani and Timothy R. Bohling (2004), “Customer Lifetime Value Approaches and Best Practice Applications,” Journal of Interactive Marketing, Vol. 18 (3) pp. 60-72.
- Kumar, V., Timothy R. Bohling and Rajendra N. Ladda (2003), ”Antecedents and Consequences of Relationship Intention: Implications for Transaction and Relationship Marketing,” Industrial Marketing Management, Vol. 32 (8) pp. 667-676.
- Kumar, V., Tmothy R. Bohling (2002), “Six Steps to Better Decision Models,” Marketing Research: A Magazine of Management and Applications, Vol. 14 (2) pp. 8-12.
- Kumar, V. and Timothy R. Bohling (2001), “Decision Models Aid Research,” Marketing Research: A Magazine of Management and Applications, Vol. 13 (4) pp. 42-43.