- Ph.D. in Computer Science, Georgia State University
- M.S. in Computer Science, Wuhan University
- Deep Learning for Business Decisions
- High Performance Computing
- Unstructured Data Analytics (Text, Voice and Video)
Dr. Long’s research applies machine learning algorithms for unstructured data and provides predictive value for decision making. In several of her studies, Dr. Long develops new machine learning algorithms for high dimensional spatial-temporal data to predict the spreading pattern of wildfire. Her work contributes to the prevention of environmental damage and has important implications for wildfire spreading control. Dr. Long has published multiple research works at ACM transactions and IEEE as a leading author. Dr. Long’s current research work applies deep learning to analyze business data and provides insights for corporate IT managers, investors, and regulators. Dr. Long is an ad-hoc reviewer for MIS Quarterly, ACM and IEEE. Dr. Long receives the Outstanding Graduate Teaching Award for her past teaching experience at Georgia State University.